Teacher-Librarians as Collaborative Partners for Student Achievement
Grants and funding for resources
Washington State Library - Supporting Student Success - project designed to assist school and public libraries to work together for the success of K-12 students in completion of OSPI Developed Assessments (formerly CBAs).
There are common steps to successfully complete each CBA, we compiled resources that are usefulfor each step no matter which CBA is selected.
- Essential Questions
- Key Concepts and Vocabulary
- Inquiry (Reading)
- Organization & Synthesis
- Group Process & Discussion
- Position (Writing)
- Presentation (Communication)
Selected resources for a specific grade and topic for Civics assessments.
These resources can be modified for your classes. There are 21 pathfinder documents for Civics assessment topics with suggested resources for those topics. There are general resources to make your own pathfinders.
Please send additional resources or suggestions to Trish Henry, Mead School District
WLMA recommended resources for general Social Studies
- October 2010 Documents: Assessing Learning, Designing Learning and Instruction, UBD Innovation in History, UBD Template, Training Template for Unpacking and Scoring CBAs
- Activity Cards (Publisher or pdf) This was the categories activity where Kelly asked the Cadre to determine if their card regarding assessing Social Studies was a requirement by law.Snowball fight materials (Publisher or pdf) This activity was used on the second day as a refresher from the previous day’s information.
- CAST - Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is a framework for designing curricula that enable all individuals to gain knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm for learning. UDL provides rich supports for learning and reduces barriers to the curriculum while maintaining high achievement standards for all.
- Khan Academy - Educational videos
- Planbook - Planbook is an elegant lesson planning program (Mac and PC) that replaces and improves upon your traditional teachers' plan book.
- Shmoop - Smart, fun, plain-spoken study guides and teacher resources. Digital textbooks by Ph.D. and Masters students from Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley.
- Sunnyland Trust - Among the goals of the Sunnylands Trust is improving civics education and understanding of democratic institutions. In furtherance of that mission, the Trust creates and distributes print, online and video materials on the Constitution to provide schools and institutions with high-quality programs for use around Constitution Day in September and beyond.
District/School Level Resources for Teachers and Students