Links to Regional Pages:
Descriptions by County
Central (12)--Yakima, Kittitas and eastern Klickitat
Columbia Gorge (9)--Clark, Skamania and western Klickitat
Crossroads (13)--South King County (south of Interstate 90 & Seattle)
Lower Columbia (4)--Cowlitz, Wahkiakum and southern Pacific
Mount 'n Isle (1)--Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan, Pilchuck Island
Mt. Pilchuk (14)--Snohomish and southern Island
Mt. Rainier (8)--Pierce County
North Central (11)--Chelan, Douglas, Grant, and Okanogan
North Lakes (15)--North King County (north of Interstate 90 & Seattle)
Northeast Seven (7)--Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, Whitman
Oz (6)--City of Seattle - Seattle School District
Peninsula (2)--Kitsap, Jefferson & Clallam
Sea to Summit (3)--Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Thurston and northern Pacific
Three Rivers (5)--Benton, Franklin, Walla Walla, Columbia, Garfield and Asotin
Regional Officer's Responsibilities
1. Before the Full Board Meeting at annual conference, attend the Region Officers' Leadership Conference with your team of officers for the coming year. Plan three meetings during the school year. Post meetings to the WLMA home page to keep your region informed, by sending email to email@example.com. Links to region-maintained webpages are found on the regions page of the WLMA website.
2. Regional incentive grants to support special programs or events have been suspended until the financial health of the organization has improved (as of 2011-2012). However, regions may have unused funds in their treasuries that may be used. Alternative sources of funding may be available. Please contact the WLMA Vice-President for assistance and ideas.
3. Check Policy 405 of the Policies and Procedures manual for a list of expectations of your region's officers. The WLMA Vice-President is available for assistance to the regions and support for the region officers. Use his/her talents to make your region the best!
4. Before each meeting, check the WLMA calendar to keep region members apprised of upcoming events. Check the WLMA website several times a month for news and information of value to members. Regularly post regional information on region's webpage.
5. In April or May, conduct elections of region officers (chair, chair-elect, secretary and treasurer), and coordinate transition to new officers for the next school year.
6. During the summer, nominate any potential emeritus members who are recent retirees extensively involved in WLMA - see qualifications. Nominations are due September 1.
7. Mailing Labels can be printed for your entire region or for members who have not renewed. Most requests can be in the mail the next day. Just call or email the current membership chair for database and labels.